Wednesday, May 19, 2010

First experience

I have been out on them 3 times so my experience is limited. Twice with winds close to 20Kn and once with 5 Kn.

I noticed a few things that could cause problem

1. The furling line is very difficult to operate if you are just pulling on it from the cockpit no matter what the wind strength is and it also cut into the frame of the door.
2. The halyard for the jib for some reason is not long enough to allow the sail to come down and still be held on deck. It appears that before you lower the jib you will have to attach a line to it to bring it back down
It also has a tendency to come loose. There is no proper attachment for it.

3. The halyard for the main on Martin No 2 has the “nylon” cover coming off at approximately were it is wound around the winch.

4. You must wear sailing gloves if you are handling any of the sheets. I’m sure they strong enough to perform the task they are designed for but are too small to handle (In my opinion)


I’m sure once we get used to them they will be fun boat to sail.

No comments:

Post a Comment