Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Martins Ready

Seems the Martins are ready... Colin has returned to Vancouver.
I did one check sail with him, he checked the shrouds, and all the running rigging.

About 8 knots out there on Monday afternoon, and the boat really moved, even with little time spent on trim. Actually quite a pleasant ride in the waves generated by the East winds.

re: the foresail... yes the halyard runs through the luff. There is also a red line under a flap at the tack that can be used to harden or ease the foresail halyard. It works like a mini cunningham. Yank on it, and retie it with a couple of hitches.

Under power they do not coast far, and I found I had to keep the motor in gear longer than I thought, as the boat did not glide very far due to the East wind on the nose and their light weight.

Once accustomed to them I think it will be a blast to sail the Martins.

No comments:

Post a Comment